Friday, June 15, 2007

Angie Cary

Hello! My name is Angie Cary and I teach 5th grade at the Charter School of Morgan Hill. The charter is based on Project Based Learning. I believe technology is an integral part of this process which is why I am really looking forward to EWYL. I just completed my first year of teaching… I survived, better than I expected… and I am looking forward to doing everything different next year! I look forward to meeting you all after my visits to Alaska, Canada, Boston, and DC in the next 3 weeks. My first video (edited with iMovie) explains about my growth as a young teacher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L-MJQxflKk I look forward to meeting you all!

This is a picture I took while visiting a stilt village in Ghana. They had no running water, no sewage system, and of course no electricity... Favorite community past time: watching a small black and white TV run off an old car battery. Ah... the things we do for technology!

6 comments:

Rushton said...

Great video!

I'm looking forward to learning more about your charter school. I worked with a set of charters in San Antonio, Texas (go Spurs!), before moving back to the Bay Area in 2005.

See you at EWYL!
Rushton

Jenni said...

I love the photo that you took of the three children. It is beautiful.

Jenni said...

PS: Do you know Joy Moody? I used to teach with her in Morgan Hill many moons ago and when I left, she was teaching kindergarten at the charter school in Morgan Hill.

Sarah Cullom said...

I loved your video! I did i-movie with my 4th graders this year and they loved it. I've never made a personal one for myself, but yours really inspired me!

It'll be fun to chat in a couple weeks!
Sarah

Clark said...

I teach P-K ~ 5th grade technology and I'm always looking for new teaching ideas, strategies and curriculum. Since you teach 5th grade, perhaps you would be interested in exchanging lesson plans. Having been a tech teacher for 3+ years, I can share some of the fun, technology-rich lesson plans I've used with my 5th grade students, and would love to hear about your curriculum. See you soon at the KCI! - Barney

catherine Baron said...

Dear Angie,

I also enjoyed your video and your sense of humor. I have never climbed half dome but I love Yosemite park.

Catherine Baron