Saturday, June 2, 2007

Carrie Tibbs

Hello fellow EWYL'ers. I can see already that we will have an eclectic group!

My name is Carrie Tibbs and I am a technology teacher and coordinator for Campbell Middle School. I have been teaching for 18 years, the first 7 as a 6th grade teacher and the last 11 as the technology teacher/coordinator.

I had the pleasure of designing our school's technology building 10 years ago and at that time we implemented a video production studio. We have broadcast over 1700 daily broadcasts! Here's a photo of my advanced Tech class. We presented at two School Nights at the Apple store this year. It was like being a kid in a candy shop!


I live in Fremont with my partner of 13 years and our two cats, Jackson and Zoe. We just returned from our first trip to the East Coast. Guess I should take a vacation more than once every 13 years!

I look forward to the exchange of ideas and best practices with all my fellow EWYL'ers and my collaborator, Debbie Eitner. This is going to be an exciting summer!

4 comments:

Chris Heumann said...

I'm so glad that you will be with us this year Carrie -- its about time! Lets talk about having you do a demo or two about student-produced videos, ok?

Clint Johns said...

Hi Carrie! Can you show me this summer how to do video podcasting? :) I am not a fan of online instructions and would appreciate learning in person!

Rushton said...

Hi Carrie,

I'll post this comment on your buddy's piece as well. When will you get to Atlanta? I'm presenting on Monday and will attend the EduBlogger gig on Saturday. We should get an EWYL group going while there!

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Just had to post a comment and say I'm looking forward to NECC and all the great ideas we will be able to share at EWYL!