Friday, June 1, 2007

Clint Johns

Hi everyone,

My name is Clint Johns, and I've been a math teacher at Irvington High in Fremont for the past 3 years. This upcoming year, I'll be teaching AP Calculus AB and Honors PreCalculus - however, what I will enjoy even more is teaching an after school class in Robotics, as well as having a club that is interested in building and competing in robotics competitions. I have a SMARTBoard and a Mimio that I enjoy tinkering with to take digital notes and post it to my website http://www.mrjohns.net/ihs I truly look forward to this experience and hope to learn a great deal about taking my understanding of educational technology to the next level. I have been an IISME fellow for the past few summers and decided to try something different this time around to gain a different perspective on this profession.

BotBall Robotics Competition - Santa Clara University

3 comments:

Chris Heumann said...

Those are quite some cool lookin gadgets Clint! Must've been fun to work on those with the kids. Maybe you could demo during EWYL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Clint, I'm interested in hearing how well your mimeo is working out. We have one at school but have never been able to get it to work well. I would love to get some teachers using it!

My daughter has several friends at Irvington, currently graduating seniors who have loved it there. One is active in the theater program. Can't wait to hear more about the robotics too.

vitugv said...

Hello Clint.

I'm always impressed with someone who is talented in robotics. Being a science teacher, it has always been a weal point for me. Hopefully this summer I can learn a few things from you in order to help my MESA(Mathematics Engineering and Science Achievements) students.