Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Vanessa Vitug

Hey Everyone!

I'm enjoying all the mini-bios. Being completely new to blogging, I'm already learning something new.Currently, I am teaching at Mt. Pleasant High School in San Jose. This year my classes are Physiology and Integrated Science, which is a challenge but it never gets boring. I love to challenge myself to new things but have a hard time saying "No! I won't have time," when I'm asked to take part in multiple projects. Aside from teaching my classes, I am the AVID Coordinator for MP, a Freshmen advisory teacher, a WASC leader, a MESA (mathematics engineering and science achievement) advisor, and People to People leader. Wheew, I exhausted myself just listing that. I'm looking forward to expanding my technology classroom integration this summer by learning to incorporate websites, videos, and video-editing into my lessons. I hope to soon create my own website for all the programs I take part in.



When not running the marathon race called a school year, I am slowing taking flying lessons and travelling. I'm finally going to France & England after the Institute, so YEAH!


2 comments:

Chris Heumann said...

Way to go Vanessa -- stay busy and keep rockin' the world. I'm very glad that you will be with us this summer and am looking forward to working with you!

Jan Chock said...

Hi Vanessa,
You and I have at least two things in common: I also teach Integrated Science (in summer school), and I love flying. I took flying lessons a few years ago back in Pennsylvania. I am lucky to have a friend who owns a Baron! I look forward to meeting you and swapping flying lesson stories.
Jan Chock