Friday, June 8, 2007

Christine Chen


Hi Everyone!

Wow, this is a really varied group! (In case you're wondering, I'm the one in the black with the white skirt - the other two is my sister with her son). I'm finishing up my first year of teaching. Currently, I am in a 5th grade classroom at Stocklmeir Elementary in the Cupertino District. Before becoming a teacher I did a little work in consulting/market research for a non-profit business incubator that specialized in tech companies from abroad.

My interests are reading, writing, tennis, Asian pop culture, cooking, and of course EATING! ^_^ I also love playing/reading about new tech gadgets and have built my own computer as well as made/used several different websites over the years for clubs and classes in college, blogging, and a teacher website for parent communication. While I feel like I know a lot about technology, I have found it difficult to integrate into my class so I'm really looking forward to learning from the EWYL program about how to implement my knowledge into the curriculum. :o)

3 comments:

Clint Johns said...

If I may say so, you sound hecka 1337 :D

Recep Iscan said...

Christine! Congrats on the completion of your FIRST YEAR! I will start mine in the fall. 3rd, 4th, 5th... not sure yet, but I look forward to picking your brain about how this year went for you.

Congrats again, and I'll catch you later,

Recep

Angie C said...

ditto! I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks.