Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Reed Smith


Pancake Breakfast at School!

Greetings fellow EWYL'ers! I am really happy to be joining all of you this summer in order to update my curriculum and get much work done creating fun and educational projects for my 7th Grade World History students in the 2007-8 year. I am entering my 12th year at Egan Jr High in Los Altos and it will be about my 20th year of teaching overall. I have much to learn about intergrating technology into my class in a way that enhances, not encumbers, the students' learning; therefore, again, I am happy to be enrolled in the EWYL summer. I have a credential to teach English, Social Studies, and Mandarin Chinese. I am currently trying to learn Spanish. This is me (far left) helping chaperone the school Disneyland trip for music students:






See you all soon! : )

3 comments:

Julia said...

Sounds fun! See you there!

Cindy Lin said...

I teach Mandarin in my first grade class, do you also teach Mandarin in your school? I am excited about learning tools that I can use to integrate technology into the classroom and also to enhance language learning.

Anonymous said...

I am so jazzed about you speaking Mandarin, which I would like to learn.
My school is starting a new Mandarin class in Kinder which I will be a part of. Chat with you soon!
Cheers,
Joanna