Saturday, June 2, 2007

Rushton Hurley


Seriously excited, both for this program, and for summer to start! Love the students, but sometimes one needs a break. Anyone else feel that way?

My name is Rushton (really), and I teach Japanese at Wilcox High School in Santa Clara. I also do a lot with video, including running a nonprofit called Next Vista for Learning (NextVista.org). We've built a library of online videos by and for teachers and students everywhere - totally free to use or contribute to. (I've been told a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with. Apologies.) Feel free to give it a look, or if inspired by our little save-the-world effort, to sign up for the newsletter.

I look forward to seeing everyone on July 9th, and perhaps even getting some things going before that!

The picture below is Flaka, one of our three feline kiddos.

3 comments:

Recep Iscan said...

Rushton! Thanks for your intro, and for sharing "Next Vista for Learning"!

I just finished viewing the site, and I'm appreciating the endeavor on several levels. I appreciate the open-source approach and the clean, standards compliant site design. This is a great resource and has great potential!

I'm looking forward to learning more about your work during EWYL.

Recep

Reed Smith said...

Rushton,

Hi, I am looking forward to a great summer in the EWYL program. I think I have met you before... Please forgive me for not being able to place the location... Could it have been the STEP program? I was 94-95; were you a year before? Was is through the Los Altos or Palo District districts? Mutual friend like Marc Burpee or Machi Nakamura? Anyway, see you on the 9th. Great photo of Flaka.

Reed

MacUzr said...

Hey, Rushton! Nice to meet you in Atlanta. I checked out your non-profit site and I think it will be a great resource for other EWYL'ers.

See you in less than two weeks!