Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Jackie Kawashima


Hi and Welcome to this summer's EWYL!

I'm Jackie Kawashima, and I have been associated with EWYL since it was originated. Reading your posts has been wonderful. EWYL participating teachers have been such a great resource and together we have had so many learning experiences each summer! This year promises to be every bit as rewarding.

My background has been in K-8 education, in the classroom and at the district level as technology curriculum coordinator. I'm currently teaching online courses through the LINC department at Foothill and working with teachers in two elementary districts. My summer 'fun' revolves around my role as a trainer for EWYL. While not working I love to travel, learn new technologies, and play with my children, grandchildren and pets. My favorite traveling companion is my husband Don, who puts up with my inability to 'just relax' and enjoy life. This picture was taken with the terra cotta soldiers in China...absolutely unbelievable.

1 comment:

Chris Heumann said...

I'm so eager to work with you again Jackie! The k-5 people are so lucky to have the expertise of you and Dottie at their disposal!