Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Marisa DaSilva

Hello All,

My name is Marisa DaSilva. I teach 8th grade Language Arts. I prefer talking to people in person, rather than this "blogging" thing. But, if I must, I must. I'm still hesitant when it comes to using technology to communicate. I'm hoping that the EWYL training will help me embrace all the good things about the Internet and technology.

Does anyone else feel like time is running out? I know my summer just started, but I'm already planning for the Fall and feel like the summer isn't long enough. Maybe I just need to relax, chill out, and enjoy everyday as it comes. Now there's an idea! A teacher who can relax. What a concept.

I absolutely enjoy teaching and hope I can improve my skills so my students can benefit. I think that is all I want. I don't want to fail my students. I don't want them to fall short, because of something I did (or didn't do). Yeah, 8th Graders can be difficult students to teach (to say the least), but I wouldn't teach any other audience. I enjoy their energy, humor, and the "off beat" vision they have on life.

Well, that's it for now. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the training. I'm excited.

Kind regards,
M---

3 comments:

Clint Johns said...

Were you at Lockheed last summer for an IISME fellowship??

Chris Heumann said...

I agree with you about how quickly things are coming up! It will be great to see you in person. Thx for doing this blog.

Debbie daSilva said...

I noticed we have the same last name, so who better to reply to, right? I also completely agree with you about the summer going so quickly. I am excited about beginning this, but at the same time, realize when it is over, it will be August and summer will be almost over!