Friday, June 1, 2007

Chris Heumann


I'm Chris Heumann, the EWYL Program Director for the Krause Center for Innovation. I've worked with the fantastic staff of the KCI for 5 years and am extremely honored to be heading up the Earn While You Learn program for the 2007-2008 year.
I have been teaching 7th grade science at Kennedy Middle School in Cupertino for 20 years and have had a blast working and playing with the most amazing students around. Starting in 1989 I began to work with many other teachers to find ways to utilize technology to become better at teaching, learning, and creating. The potential has risen exponentially since then, as has my enthusiasm and experiences. The best part of my life, of course, is my wife (Amy) and our three daughters (Hannah, Abby, and Olivia).

4 comments:

Clint Johns said...

Nice to finally put a face with a name, Chris! Thanks for allowing me the opportunity this summer (along with the approval panel!). Can you please pass along the contact info of the Robotics individual you mentioned in an earlier email? Looking forward to meeting you in person in July!

Recep Iscan said...

Chris! Thanks so much for all your help! Glad to have met you today at the Raft/Linc PS class. Take care and we'll catch in July!

Reed Smith said...

Chris,
Nice to virtually meet you! Great idea the the introductory blog for our class; in the way of the "sincerest form of flattery", I am thinking of copying/borrowing this idea in my classes as a beginning-of-the-year ice breaker type activity.

Clark said...

Hi Chris! Now that I can see your photo via this blog, I think I've seen you at KCI in the past 9 months (when I was taking LINC classes). Anyway, I'm very happy to be a part of the 2007 EWYL program and look forward to meeting you and all the other participants Monday! -Barney