Friday, June 29, 2007

Jennifer Yuen


Hi there!
My name is Jennifer Yuen and I have just survived my second year of teaching! I teach 6th grade english and history, but will be teaching math and history next year. Woohoo!! Through EWYL, I hope to learn more about technology and walk away feeling that I, for once, know more about it than my students!!

So far my summer has been hectic. I spent a fabulous week in Hawaii and upon return, I have already had "team" meetings to start planning for next year. (Trust me, it's not me who's eager to begin thinking about school again!) Also, I have been juggling my time between helping my cousin get ready for her 7/7/07 wedding, along with hanging out with my 10 week old niece who is the most adorable thing ever!!! I still haven't managed the whole changing dirty diaper thing yet. I muster up the courage each time, but literally gag at the smell alone. I know...TMI! Other than that, with one more week of supposed "free time", I am looking forward to learning all that I can from EWYL because I've just seen all the amazing projects teachers design after taking this course! I'm also excited that I get to work with some familiar faces, Danielle and Jon. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I taught 6th grade math for 7 years and have some great tech assignments and websites for pre-algebra. Can't wait to hear your ideas as well!

Danielle said...

see you bright and early, 6:00AM before class...