Thursday, June 7, 2007

Janey Vasconcellos



Hi ! My name is Janey Vasconcellos and I teach at John F. Kennedy High School in Fremont along with Olivia. We are team teaching on our project. I feel like I am the non-technology person in this group when I read all the experience that you all have. I am a RSP teacher and an Art teacher. Our school is going through some changes and I would love to use more technology in both of the areas I teach. I need the knowledge to help my special ed students be successful in their general ed classes and Olivia and I would love to team teach a class. We both love history and art. This is my third career. I was a graphic artist/designer for a computer company many years ago then I freelanced, then mom for many years until I got into teaching.

While many of you are starting out with your young families, mine is maturing and moving out. Thank goodness! My husband, Brook, and I will be married 31 years next week. Our sons are aged 26, 24 and 20. Two have graduated from college and the youngest is going to be a junior in college. My middle son, Brian, got married last November and I love my daughter Amanda. Tonight I had to say goodbye to her because they are moving to LA. I finally get a daughter and she is leaving. Their wedding picture is included because I thought the ceremony was beautiful and the other picture is of my husband and I at the wedding.

I am looking forward to taking this class and meeting all of you. Have a great time off, we all deserve it.
Janey

2 comments:

Recep Iscan said...

Janey! Thanks for the post! Looking forward to meeting you at EWYL... I graduated from James Logan, so I thought I'd hi to a fellow MVAL'er... there's still MVAL, right? I'm so out of touch.

Catch you later,

Recep

Jenni said...

What a wonderful family you seem to have. The wedding picture is very beautiful. I love beach weddings. Congratulations mother of the groom. :-)