Sunday, July 1, 2007

Judy Okolie

Hi Everyone,

I just returned from a great trip to Corsica and am currently in Versailles, France, using a French keyboard where the keys are in different locations. In other words, this post will be short and I don't have a picture to attach, sorry. Anyway, when I am back at home, in the Bay Area, I teach at Tennyson High School in Hayward. My colleagues and I created CMMA, the Community Multimedia Academy, an SLC, which has grown over the last seven years. I am a Social Studies and Computer Multimedia teacher, and teach Multimedia, United States History and Ethnic Studies. One of the things I like about our program are the integrated units we teach and hope to gain new ideas in project based learning through the EWYL summer institute. I love working with other educators who are interested in technology and project based learning, so I am very exited about meeting all of you.

Outside of school, I enjoy spending time with my husband and two-year old son. After my family, my other interests are traveling to other countries, documentary films, walking through great cities-especially Chicago and London, Mac computers, and I absolutely love, This American Life, on public radio.

2 comments:

Chris Heumann said...

Hello Judy! Great to have you in the program and I'm sure we can all learn a lot from each other. See you in July!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Judy!

Really looking forward to chatting with you about your travels since I'm an addict....and swapping ideas for school!
Cheers,
Joanna