Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thomas Ochoa



I'm a 6th grade Language Arts-Social Studies teacher at Crittenden Middle School in Mountain View. I teach with Naomi and Marisa, (see below). Prior to teaching, I earned my BA In Communications/Journalism at UC Berkeley. I worked in public relations and real estate, before earning my teaching credential at San Jose State in 2003.

I'm excited about the EWYL Program, and look forward to sharing ideas and visions. I'm passionate about the students in my community, and hope to enrich their learning through technology.

Most of my summer so far has been devoted to a rededication to body and mind and a little something called CI Training. My interests include exercise, social activism, music, documentaries, reading foreign policy/ political/cultural literature.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hey there-

I would be interested to see what you thought about the CI training. I went through the first round last October. I found it to be an interesting new way to think about things. I did change a few things this last year and did notice that it did add value. I did meet with a few other teachers that went through the first part of the week...they had some interesting thoughts.
-Dana